- Perhaps it is because I have such high expectations of them, and they do not wish to disappoint me; or it could be
- They are bullies at heart; or
- Maybe they believe that I am overly emotional and they don’t wish to cause me anxiety; then again
- They could be protecting their reputation; or they
- Have a long-held habit; or
- They are afraid of how I might retaliate; and lastly
- They have lied so much that they no longer value truth or can identify it ~ so they don’t even realize they are lying.
Hmmm…I wonder. It has come to my attention that a family member, albeit a well-known bully with huge responsibilities, has lied to me my entire life. And in another example, a (now former) romantic interest lied to me throughout our entire relationship.
There is a warning light that comes on in my heart. Sometimes I wish I did not have it. For whatever reason, I know without a doubt, when someone is lying to me.
Can I prove it? No. I don’t even try. It does cause me anguish and heartache to realize their untruths. Sometimes I try to excuse them as trying to protect me.
After time, and repeated lies, I walk.
Sadly with purpose.